The TR Connection is generated from a Perl script and constructed "on-the-fly"
which allows for many of the special dynamic/interactive features.
Approximate Storage Requirements
Total storage requirements - Approx. 48 MB
- Perl scripts and html documents - .5 MB
- Downloadable programs - .8 MB
- Lyrics - .4 MB
- Pictures - 1.7 MB
- Sounds - 18.1 MB
- Quicktime Movies - 26.2 MB
Other Auxiliary Requirements
In addition to raw storage, the following facilities are required to support
- An HTTPD server
- The ability to run Perl scripts through the cgi-bin interface of HTTP
- It helps to be the System Administrator
Why is it a cgi-bin program?
Much of the information is static, so a plain HTML document will
look about the same.
However, there are a number of neat features that are enabled by creating the
HTML code on the fly:
- The count of users
- Dating of individual sections
- Voting in Todd is Godd debate
- Emperor of the Information Highway
- Internal maintenance facilities
- Some customization depending on who you are
What does Todd think of all this?
Everyone was so impressed by your page that they shamed me into putting my own
up. I'm just trying to keep up with you! Thanx for stopping in.